Serving Brentwood, Belle Meade and Green Hills Areas of Nashville TN
Want to improve the look of your teeth? The cosmetic dentists at Devine Dentistry can install veneers, which are bonded to the front of teeth and can conceal an assortment of cosmetic issues. Veneers are one of the least invasive cosmetic dental treatments since they involve removing only a small portion of each tooth. Veneers are permanent and will look and feel completely natural.
Veneers can hide the following cosmetic dental issues:
- Teeth that are badly stained, and that do not respond to teeth whitening treatments
- Teeth with cracks or small chips
- Teeth that have gaps between them
- Crooked or uneven teeth
- Misshapen teeth or teeth that appear too small or too short
How is a veneer installed?
First, your mouth is made numb in the area to be treated. This is to ensure that you remain comfortable throughout your entire procedure. Our cosmetic dentist will remove a small portion of the front of the affected teeth to make way for the new restoration. We then take impressions of your bite and mouth, which are used to fabricate the veneers. Since each veneer is custom made, it will result in beautiful results that look completely natural. The shape and color of each veneer can either match your other teeth if only a couple of veneers are being placed, or we can choose a much whiter shade if covering all of your teeth. Your new veneers will feel natural, too!
What type of veneers are available at Devine Dentistry?
- Porcelain: Fabricated from the same top-grade dental porcelain used to produce our crowns, a porcelain veneer will have the same light-reflecting quality of your natural dental enamel. A porcelain veneer will not stain from tobacco, coffee, wine, or other discoloring agents that exist in your foods and drinks. Installing a porcelain veneer is less invasive than a total crown since less tooth structure must be removed. Porcelain veneers are quite durable, and will last for years to come.
- Composite: This veneer is made of a composite resin, and commonly referred to as dental bonding. Most composite veneers can be placed in a single appointment, meaning that you can have a new smile on your lunch break. Installing a composite veneer involves slightly buffing the tooth to prepare it for the new restoration, and then applying a special bonding agent, which is used to secure the composite material to the tooth. Composite veneers cost less than their porcelain counterparts. If a composite veneer has an issue, it can be repaired. Any malfunction with a porcelain veneer requires complete replacement.
Caring for your veneers
You can prolong the life of your veneers by maintaining a regimen of good at-home oral hygiene that includes regular brushing and flossing, while also continuing to see your dentist twice per year for a professional cleaning and oral health examination. Avoid using your teeth to open packages, chew on ice or other hard objects such as pens and pencils. Your new veneers should last years to come while providing you with ultimate confidence in your new smile.
Veneers in Nashville
To learn more about veneers or any of our other cosmetic procedures, contact Devine Dentistry by calling (615) 269-4209 to schedule a consultation.
Devine Dentistry serves patients in the areas of Belle Meade, Green Hills, and Nashville, Tennessee.