Serving Brentwood, Belle Meade and Green Hills Areas of Nashville TN
Adults looking to straighten their teeth without braces can take advantage of SureSmile®, a clear aligner system that aligns teeth using sophisticated treatment planning, precise fabrication, and clinical expertise. SureSmile® straightens your teeth discreetly, without others noticing. Learn more about how SureSmile® works and if it is the best orthodontic treatment option for you. Plus, find out what sets SureSmile® above the rest of the clear aligners on the market.
How SureSmile® Works
Receiving orthodontic treatment has never been easier! To begin your journey, we start with an individualized consultation with Dr. Jeff Orr, our SureSmile® provider in Nashville. He will assess your dental needs to see if you are a candidate for clear aligner orthodontics.
The first step in the SureSmile® treatment plan is to take precise scans of your teeth using the Primescan™ that processes more than 1,000,000 3D points per second, resulting in the most accurate digital representation of your teeth. These scans are uploaded to SureSmile® software and sent to their digital lab to fabricate your aligners. Moving teeth into proper alignment is an art that requires ultimate precision with the right amount of pressure on the right tooth at the right time.
It will take approximately two to four weeks for your aligners to be made. You will come back to our office to receive the aligners and instructions on how to wear them. To remain on track with your treatment plan, it is recommended that you wear your aligners for at least 20-22 hours per day, removing them to eat, drink, and brush and floss your teeth. Throughout your treatment, you will switch to different sets of aligners that apply gentle force to align your teeth. Dr. Orr will instruct you on how often you should change your aligners.
Throughout your treatment, Dr. Orr will monitor your progress and make recommended changes to your treatment as needed. Most patients will have an assessment with the dentist about once every three months.
How to Wear Your Aligners
You will be given multiple sets of aligners to change out at specific intervals throughout treatment. Always store unused aligners in a protective case provided to you. Each aligner will be engraved with either the letter “U” to represent upper or “L” for lowers, along with a stage number. Dr. Orr will let you know when to swap your aligners for the next stage, but typically, patients wear each set for one to two weeks. Be sure to clean your old set prior to storing it in a case. Keep these aligners handy so that if you accidentally lose or break a new aligner, you will have a set to wear. If an aligner becomes damaged or breaks, let your dentist know as soon as possible, and do not wear the aligner for safety reasons.
Benefits of Straight Teeth
Having straight teeth goes beyond an attractive smile. There are oral health benefits as well, including:
- Helps prevent tooth damage or chipping
- Helps prevent tooth loss
- Establishes an even bite to prevent uneven tooth wear
- Improves chewing ability and speech
- Reduces the risk of cavities
- Helps prevent gum disease
- Improves self-confidence
Are there any side effects of clear aligner treatments?
It is normal to experience a few minor side effects (more like short-lived nuisances) initially, including:
- The aligners may affect your speech at first, but you can practice speaking or reading a book aloud at home until you feel comfortable talking while wearing your new aligners.
- Some patients report a feeling of tooth looseness, which is normal when undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Using tobacco or drinking coffee or wine could stain your aligners. Therefore, remove your aligners before eating or drinking anything.
- You should avoid chewing gum while wearing your aligners.
Are SureSmile® aligners right for me?
SureSmile® aligners are ideal for teens and adults that want to correct minor tooth crookedness and moderate tooth misalignment such as crowded teeth, overbites, underbites, and gapped teeth. The best way to know if SureSmile® is right for you is to schedule a consultation with Devine Dentistry. In the meantime, feel free to complete this online assessment.
How should I care for SureSmile® aligners?
Caring for SureSmile® aligners is much easier than cleaning around metal braces. Follow these easy steps for caring for your aligners:
- Always store your aligners in the case provided so that you do not accidentally throw them in the trash.
- Avoid leaving the aligners or case near heat sources such as the sun, a hot vehicle, stove, heaters, etc.
- Clean your aligners using the recommended cleaner, Retainer Brite, and follow the instructions on the package. Never use toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, or hot water to clean your aligners, as this could damage the plastic.
- Aligners should be cleaned before inserting them into your mouth.
- Remember to brush and floss your teeth daily as recommended by your dentist.
Cost of SureSmile®
The cost of clear aligners varies, depending on how many aligners are needed and the length of treatment. However, there are several payment options that make SureSmile® affordable for almost every patient.
- Dental Insurance – We accept most major dental insurance plans. Orthodontic coverage is quite common and may help reduce your overall out of pocket expense for SureSmile®.
- HSA or FSA – Use tax-free dollars to help pay for the cost of your orthodontic care. Funds placed in these accounts typically do not roll over and are subject to expiring if unused by the end of the year, which makes utilizing these accounts to pay for your dental care.
- CareCredit – A leading company that offers financing for dental and medical expenses may be the right payment option for you. Often, CareCredit offers special promotions, including interest-free payments. Low monthly payments are often an excellent way to afford the dental care that you need.
SureSmile® Clear Aligners in Nashville, Belle Meade, and Green Hills, Tennessee
If you are interested in clear aligners in Nashville or want to see if you are a candidate for SureSmile®, contact Devine Dentistry by calling (615) 269-4209 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Orr and our dental team are ready to help you achieve that confident smile you desire.