Serving Brentwood, Belle Meade and Green Hills Areas of Nashville TN
If you have lost multiple teeth on the same dental arch (either on the upper or lower jaw), your cosmetic dentist in Nashville can restore your smile with a custom-made partial denture.
What is a partial denture?
A partial denture is essentially a tooth replacement option that consists of an acrylic base that is pink toned to match your gums, with artificial teeth attached to the base. The partial denture commonly referred to as a partial is held in place by clasps that fit over your existing teeth in a few different areas. A partial is removable, but when in place can restore your smile and ability to chew food.
How to care for my partial
Caring for your partial is simple. Since you can remove it, you should do so each time you brush your teeth throughout the day. Be sure to clean your partial each time that you brush as well. We will provide you with a durable storage case so that you can safely store your partial away when not in use.
Why should I replace my missing teeth?
Missing teeth can affect your oral health in various ways. You may not realize it at first, but eventually, a missing tooth will cause your other teeth to drift out of place, which opens up a whole other area of concern.
Missing teeth can lead to:
- Uneven bite
- Pain or discomfort while biting or chewing
- Unable to chew food properly
- Broken/chipped teeth
- TMJ Disorder
- Misaligned teeth
- Headaches or migraines
A partial denture is an ideal way to prevent these oral health concerns. Devine Dentistry also has other tooth replacement options available. Ask us about these options during your consultation.
Benefits of a Partial Denture
Patients who opt for a partial denture appreciate its many benefits including:
- Comfortable – Partials are custom-made, which means they will feel natural when wearing one. It will have a snug, secure fit that is also comfortable to wear. However, there may be a bit of an adjustment period to getting used to your new oral appliance.
- Convenient – Since partials are easy to remove and clean, they are a convenient tooth replacement option.
- Affordable – Partials generally have a more affordable upfront cost of replacing missing teeth. Plus, we usually can add additional teeth to an existing partial, should you have another tooth or two later that needs to be extracted.
- Aesthetics – Your partial will be constructed using high-quality materials that blend in with your smile. The pink acrylic area of the partial can be made to match your gums, and the replacement teeth will match your actual teeth in size, shape, and color.
- Improved chewing ability – There is nothing like being able to enjoy your favorite foods again! With a partial, you are not limited on the foods that you want to enjoy, although we do recommend not to use your partial, or even your natural teeth for that matter, to open packages or chew on hard objects such as ice, pens or pencils.
Tooth Replacement Options in Nashville
If you would like to learn more about tooth replacement options available at Devine Dentistry, contact our office by calling (615) 269-4209 to schedule a consultation.
Devine Dentistry provides comprehensive oral health care for patients in the areas of Belle Meade, Green Hills, and Nashville, Tennessee.