Serving Brentwood, Belle Meade and Green Hills Areas of Nashville TN
Some people believe that fervently brushing and flossing their teeth can keep their oral health in check. But, unfortunately, even the most avid teeth brushers still miss hard-to-reach areas between teeth and under the gumline where harmful bacteria like to hide. As a result, you can increase your gum disease or adverse health risks when you skip dental cleanings, regardless of your at-home routine. Our Nashville family dentists at Devine Dentistry share on the blog today why getting your teeth cleaned is a must so that you can enjoy good oral health benefits.
What’s the purpose of dental cleanings?
Dental cleanings and checkups help monitor your oral health and help remove harmful bacteria that could cause tooth enamel damage. Additionally, the dental hygienist can remove plaque, tartar, and surface stains during your cleaning, leaving you with a cleaner, brighter smile. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), you should visit a dentist every six months to combat common oral health problems, like cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer. When you schedule an appointment with our Belle Meade family dentists, our team will carefully examine your oral health, clean your teeth, and provide any possible future treatment information.
What are some dental cleaning benefits?
Immediately after your hygiene appointment, you may notice a brighter smile and fresher breath since bacteria and surface stains were removed. Our family-friendly dentists in Green Hills share more oral and overall health benefits below when you receive a dental cleaning.
- Dental hygienists use unique tools to remove the stains that discolor or dull your teeth.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings can reduce your gum disease risk. When untreated, gum disease may cause tooth loss.
- Oral cancer early detection is necessary to treat the condition successfully. Therefore, we recommend an oral cancer screening once per year.
- Bacteria removal reduces your cardiovascular disease, stroke, gum disease, or heart attack risk.
- Dental examinations create the best opportunity to uncover dental concerns, such as a missing filling, cavities, or a chipped or broken tooth. In addition, early detection prevents progressive conditions that require additional time and money to repair.
- Most dental insurance companies cover two preventative care visits each year.
What could happen when you avoid dental cleanings?
Regular dental visits provide critical oral health information to your dentist. Meticulously recording your exam details helps the dentist track developing conditions and provides information that assists our family dentist office in Nashville in treatment decisions for your oral health needs. Avoiding the dentist allows harmful bacteria to attack your tooth enamel, causing cavities. Also, since your oral health condition and overall health are systemically linked, excess bacteria could enter your bloodstream and increase your cardiovascular disease, dementia, or stroke risk. Therefore, when you take good care of your teeth, you can reduce additional health problem risks and have a beautiful smile.
Family Dentists in Belle Meade, Green Hills, and Nashville, TN
Although it may be tempting to skip regular dental visits because of fear, finances, or you have something else you want to do, doing so could cause severe risks to your oral and overall health. However, when you establish an oral care regimen to brush your teeth twice and floss them once daily and visit our family dentists in Belle Meade every six months for a checkup and cleaning, you can minimize your risk of certain oral health diseases. Feel free to call Devine Dentistry at (615) 269-4209 or request an appointment online for your next dental checkup and cleaning.