Serving Brentwood, Belle Meade and Green Hills Areas of Nashville TN
When you look in the mirror, are you bothered by the way your teeth look? Do you avoid showing your smile in public? Being displeased with the appearance of your smile can make you self-conscious and embarrassed. If this sounds like you, rest assured, you’re not the only one who feels this way. According to the American Dental Association, up to 40% of Americans just like you have some aesthetic issue with their teeth they would like to change. In today’s blog, Nashville cosmetic dentists explain what you can do if you’re too embarrassed to smile.
The Versatility of Cosmetic Dentistry
A specialization of dental science, cosmetic dentistry focuses on treatments and procedures to change the appearance of your teeth, smile, and mouth. While some aspects of cosmetic dentistry are taught in standard dental school, many of the techniques and finer points of cosmetic work only can be learned through post-graduate study and/or continuing education in the dental field. A true cosmetic dentist has this post-graduate training and uses state-of-the-art techniques and the finest materials to produce beautiful-looking smiles. If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist near you in Nashville, our dentists have the education, training, and experience to deliver exceptional results.
Through the science of cosmetic dentistry, a variety of aesthetic issues can be addressed.
Some of the most common cosmetic issues we see include:
- Yellow, stained, or discolored teeth
- Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken
- Missing teeth
- Thick gums, resulting in a gummy smile
- Teeth that are too short, differently sized, uneven, or otherwise asymmetrical
- An unwanted gap or space between teeth
How do we use cosmetic dentistry to improve your smile?
Cosmetic dentistry uses a host of different techniques and procedures. Thanks to advances in technology, these treatments are more convenient and less invasive than ever.
Here are some of the most popular procedures we perform as part of our program of cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth whitening – Completed in less than an hour, one professional in-office whitening treatment can lighten your teeth by several shades and make a dramatic difference in the appearance of your smile. Our whitening procedures use more powerful bleaching agents than you can find in any over-the-counter kit or treatment. We also offer at-home whitening kits for maximum convenience.
- Veneers – Cosmetic dentists have used veneers for decades to improve teeth. Comprised of a thin shell placed on the front of the tooth or teeth being treated, veneers simultaneously address a host of different aesthetic issues: gaps, discoloration, uneven or misshapen teeth. At Devine Dentistry, we work with veneers made of a composite resin or dental porcelain.
- Implants – If you live with missing permanent teeth, it’s important to your nutrition, appearance, and long-term health to replace them. An implant is the finest method of tooth replacement available. It looks and feels more like a real, natural tooth and is the only tooth replacement treatment that stimulates the jawbone. Your implant dentists in Belle Meade can install a dental implant to replace a single missing tooth or use implant dentures to replace an entire arch of teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Nashville
If you feel good about your smile, you’re going to be more likely to show it, improving your self-esteem. Let cosmetic dentistry help restore your smile as well as your confidence. Schedule a consultation with one of our cosmetic dentists today by calling (615) 269-4209,
Devine Dentistry is proud to serve patients in the areas of Belle Meade, Green Hills, and Nashville in Tennessee.